In an increasingly competitive marketplace, it’s vital that you have the tools needed to help run your business as efficiently as possible. And, if you rely on a mobile workforce, location tools are a must if you don’t want to be left behind. But, with a wide range of location-based software options to choose from, what key features should you look out for before investing?
- Location tagging. Use tracking software that provides an alert every time your engineers change their activity. So you always know where they are up to, while saving battery power on those all-important mobile devices
- Location scheduling analytics. Location analytics use highly accurate location-based data to help your business to run better. For example, by enabling live location tracking, you’ll always know where your engineers are. So, you can assign tasks to the right engineers using location and scheduling data. And, as well as being able to determine where engineers are with their current schedule, you will also be able to use this data to best respond to urgent reactive calls
- Google map integration. With Google map integration, as well as being able to automatically calculate the distance between the job and the nearest available engineer, you’ll also benefit from optimised route functionality. So, you’ll know if there are roadworks to avoid, or delays that could impact your productivity. This means you have all the information necessary to keep your customers updated
- Live status updates. Make sure your team can view and, where appropriate, update the status of each job, in real time. As well as making sure everyone knows what’s happening, with the ability to update an assignment made quick and easy, jobs can be marked as complete and invoices generated quicker
- Customer updates. Look for software that provides location updates to customers, so that they know when your engineers are on route and what time to expect them
- Integration with mobile app. Deploy a solution that lets you attach all the information your mobile workers need for each assignment. This should include customer address and any site access instructions. So, if your mobile workers click on the postcode for the job, the app launches Google Maps which they can then use as a Sat Nav tool
- Advanced integration functionality. It doesn’t matter how good your new software is if it won’t integrate with your existing IT setup (assuming you are not starting from scratch
- Robust encryption. Keeping sensitive customer data safe is of the utmost importance. Make sure any solution you choose provides the necessary levels of data security and reliability.
With our location tools, it’s easy to keep track of what’s happening. So you can efficiently manage your service, installation, repair and hire contracts with ease. But not all job management software is created equal. At Service Geeni our solutions are tailored to suit the requirements and budget of your business.