Cloud-technology is helping the plumbing and heating industry in all kinds of ways. Not least when it comes to adding value to both business and consumer customers.
For example, the cloud is helping the industry shift to a servitisation model; where companies offer a range of services in addition to product lines and one-off jobs.
For heating and plumbing companies this could be things like:
- Central heating servicing
- Boiler servicing
- Regular planned maintenance contracts
- Gas checks
- Routine cleaning
- End of life disposal.
What are the benefits?
Today, new and emerging technologies combined with evolving customer expectations are taking customer service to a whole new level. And the benefits of cloud-enabled servitisation include:
- Creating lasting value for the customer through the provision of ongoing support
- Providing a way to develop long-term relationships with customers
- Generating a more steady income stream for heating and plumbing companies
- Enabling the industry to compete on more than price point alone
- Helping businesses to stand apart from their competitors.
The technology behind servitisation
However, while new technologies are helping plumbing and heating companies to meet increased customer demands, without the right technology, they won’t be able to keep up with the competition.
So what technology should the industry be looking to invest in?
- Instead of fixing things when they break, you must be able to repair them beforehand. And, with growing demand for better quality service and less downtime, planned preventative maintenance (PPM) software is essential
- Customer portals and dashboards provide customers access to all the latest service and performance reports, without having to rely on calls or emails. So they get all the info they need, and the admin burden on your team is reduced
- Modern service management software and apps allow all your employees to share information, in real time. Because everyone has access to the same data, your customers don’t get frustrated by mixed messages or having to relay information more than once
- Software that enables automation is also being used to support servitisation. So repetitive tasks can be done automatically while ensuring that processes are simplified, standardised, and streamlined. This means that customer service teams spend less time on mundane tasks, and more time on revenue-generating work and/or responding to more complex enquires
- Big data analytics can empower heating and plumbing companies to make informed decisions about future planning, resources, customer needs, and more.
Today, even heating and plumbing companies that already provide a service based maintenance model can do it smarter with the cloud. But it’s vital that you find the tools to optimise your business. At Service Geeni, our service management software gives you the competitive advantage.