However, today we are living in a competitive and agile world, so tools that can help you to avoid delays and inefficient routes are no longer a nice to have, they’re a must. Especially if you want to keep up with, (or even better, stay ahead of) the competition. So, with cost pressures increasing, optimising the time engineers spend on jobs should be a priority for all service-led companies.
To help accomplish this objective of generating increased efficiencies and productivity from drivers and engineers, more and more businesses are investing in route optimisation software.
How can route optimisation software help you?
With route optimisation software you can improve efficiency and service delivery to customers and make fleet management more efficient and more cost effective. For example, geographical proximity, your drivers’ availability and schedule, traffic conditions, and routes can all be considered and adjusted to ensure the smartest and most efficient deployment.
For example, UPS delivery trucks save 10 million gallons of gas every year simply by avoiding left turns! What’s more, as well as making repeat business highly unlikely, waiting for an engineer who doesn’t turn could lead to a compensation claim being made against your business!
But help is at hand. With Service Geeni, you can manage multiple jobs, engineers, and vehicles, with a system that automatically plans the optimal distribution of work and calculates the most efficient routes.
The parameters considered include:
- Attributes of the vehicle
- Client requirements
- Engineer skills
- Start and end time
- Start and finish locations
- Territory allocation
Eliminating the frustrations associated with route planning with Service Geeni you’ll always appoint the most suitable engineer to every job. Other benefits include:
- Advanced routing and scheduling
- Reduced fuel and van maintenance costs
- Considerably reduce planning time
- Improved customer service
- Increased engineer capacity
- Improved distribution of work
- Reduced carbon footprint
Why use SaaS route optimisation software?
SaaS stands for Software as a Service, and it refers to any cloud-based service where applications are delivered over the internet. Today, modern businesses use SaaS to help with a broad range of tasks including route optimisation.
But what are the benefits to you?
- Lower costs. SaaS helps to create a more stable cashflow, with services provided on a pay-as-you-go pricing model; so you never get any nasty surprises.
- Easy to get up and running. Simply tap into a tried and tested system that is ready to use and customisable to your business.
- Automatic upgrades SaaS providers automatically and continuously improve their solution at no extra cost to you; helping you to remain current, agile, and competitive.
- Expert customer support. With in-built customer service support, you’ll reduce internal IT helpdesk calls and free your IT department to get on with tasks that drive business improvement.
- You only ever pay for what you use. As your business grows (or shrinks), your SaaS solution can be quickly and easily scaled up or down.
- Increase security. SaaS reduces the risk to your business with automated backup services and best-in-class recovery processes. Making sure your data is robust, safe, and secure.
- Access to information. You’ll get access to data from any device; ensuring all your staff have real-time access to the information they need.
- Improved business processes. SaaS leads to the simplification and standardisation of business processes, saving you time and money.
If your field engineers are spending too much time on the road and are not keeping your customers happy, we have everything you need to help them to work smarter not harder.
To find out more about how we can help your business benefit from route optimisation software, speak to a member of our team on 01942 261 671 or email email@example.com to find out more.