Modern service companies have to balance a range of scheduled and reactive work. From planned maintenance and larger scale projects to urgent fixes. In response, cloud-based dispatching and scheduling software has become an increasingly popular way to help businesses deliver the best service possible to all their customers.
But, with a wide range of service management software options to choose from, what key features should you look out for before you invest?
- Easy to use. Look for an attractive, user-friendly interface to make it easy for your staff to get up and running. It doesn’t matter how many bells and whistles your dispatch software has if your engineers and other employees don’t know how to use it.
- Location and scheduling data. Go for a complete scheduling solution, which generates the optimum schedule based on job, geographical area, priority and customer. For example, with this data, you’ll be able to automatically calculate the distance between the job and the nearest available engineer.
- Group bookings. Pick software that lets you group assignments for allocation based on data such as location or customer.
- Management functionality. Choose a solution that does more than just schedule. You want inbuilt functionality that will help your business to develop agile practices increase your efficiency, optimise your workforce, and boost your sales.
- Manage reactive and contract jobs. Pick software that will manage both contract and urgent appointments.
- Drag and drop. To boost effective job management, you want to be able to book directly into your engineer’s diaries.
- Pick software that prevents double-booking with alerts for overlapping.
- Google map integration. With map functionality, you can enable live location tracking that provides real-time job updates; so you always know where your engineers are.
- Optimised route functionality. Efficient scheduling requires more than simply planning daily dispatches according to location. To maximise your operations, invest in software that also takes time-of-day, traffic patterns, etc., into consideration. For example, if there are roadworks to avoid, or delays that could impact your productivity, you should be given have all the information necessary to keep your customers updated.
- Integration with mobile app. You want to be able to integrate your scheduling software with a mobile app to boost efficiencies. Invest in a solution that allows you to give engineers a clear view of their scheduled work each day. So there is no need for them to come into the office.
- At-a-glance information. Choose software that provides instant access to outstanding jobs. This will increase visibility and ensure you stay in total control
- Customer updates. Opt for a solution that lets you provide automated progress updates to customers to boost service levels, meet your key performance indicators, and keep everyone satisfied.
- Advanced integration functionality. It doesn’t matter how good your new software is if it won’t integrate with your existing IT setup (assuming you are not starting from scratch).
- Robust encryption. Keeping sensitive customer data safe is of the utmost importance. Make sure any solution you choose provides the necessary levels of data security and reliability.
- Advanced reporting functionality. In addition to supporting your day-to-day dispatching and scheduling operations, look for a solution that also provides on-demand operational performance analytics, so you can rapidly recognise and respond to trends and even identify revenue-generating opportunities.
Not all scheduling software is created equal. At Service Geeni we offer fully integrated dispatching, and scheduling solutions, tailored to suit the requirements and budget of your business.