The right field service software will result in growth and success. But is vital that you get the most from your field service solution. Technology is all very well and good, but if it is not well thought out, then the benefits will be reduced. So, how do you maximise the value of your field service software and make your digital transformation vision a reality?
Figure out where you are. And where you want to go
It might sound like plain old common sense, but you’d be surprised how many organisations don’t take the time to strategically plan their field service transformation. And this can cause significant problems later down the line.
So, before you even start to think about what software to use, take the time to establish:
- What IT you are currently using
- Any problems/limitations that are caused because of your current systems (e.g. inefficiencies, lack of integration, etc.)
- Where you have specific gaps you want to fill
- If there is any IT you want to keep. And whether you want to integrate it into your new solution
- What business challenges you want to solve by investing in field service software
- How far down the line you are in your field-service transformation journey (and how far you still have to go)
- What your field service software vision looks like.
At Service Geeni, we can help you to answer all this and more.
Invest in the right software
Once you have established what you have, and what you want to achieve, you then have to find the right software to do this. For example, you might want software that can help with things like order management, dispatching technicians, capturing and storing customer information, stock management processes, invoicing and more.
But it’s about more than finding a system that will let you take paper forms and make them electronic. That’s just part of what field management software should do. You need something that unifies your systems. So, rather than duplicating effort, everything is integrated and streamlined. And, by bringing all your processes together and creating a logical workflow, any software should help you to increase your efficiency and your productivity.
Is your business ready for field service software?
While field service software can deliver substantial benefits, it’s important to undertake due diligence before rolling out any new application(s). Before you begin:
- Determine whether it is suitable for your business. While ideal for small to medium businesses, cloud-based SMS might not be appropriate for the more multi-dimensional requirements of sizable enterprise organisations
- Check whether a free trial is available so you can test the solution for yourself
- Establish whether your existing IT systems are compatible with the new application (assuming you need to continue using these)
- Ascertain if there are any customisations to be made
- Identify any security issues that need to be resolved
- Ensure that you have a suitable internet connection
- Arrange training as required.
For most businesses, with the right preparation, the move should be painless. Check with your provider to establish how long it will take and whether they can help you to roll out with ease.
Future-proof your investment
Organisations must evaluate any software based on their current needs. But the last thing you want is to invest in technology that will make it impossible to scale and adapt as your business grows and IT evolves.
So, as well as looking for a market-leading solution, make sure you use a partner that never rests on its laurels. Instead, choose a provider that is constantly evolving to ensure its solution keeps up with developments in technology and the needs of its customers.
For more information on how our software can help you to work smarter, contact us today for an informal chat.