Mobility is revolutionising the working environment. Today, fewer people sit at their desks 9-5 than ever before. With cloud technology making it easier for employers to support and grow a prosperous mobile workforce.
Effective mobile working will help you to:
- Boost productivity. If you set up your processes and tech correctly, you will become more industrious. In fact, companies that embrace mobility by moving from a client-server to the cloud realise significant cost and operations benefits, including increased productivity.
- Improve cashflow. Mobile working requires the streamlining of procedures and improved collaboration and connectivity processes. This increased agility and the ability to capitalise on new revenue opportunities can lead to real ROI.
- Make your customers happy. If your mobile workers are spending lots of time in your office, then they are not out keeping your customers happy.
- Attract and retain key staff. With the desire for mobile working increasing, meeting this need will help you to attract and keep talented people. Likewise, 74% of candidates would consider lower pay if a company is a “great place to work”. And with inefficient working practices leading to frustration among employees, the right mobile technology could help you entice the best people, without you having to pay over the odds.
So, the benefits are clear. But even those businesses that rely on remote workers are not always investing in the right tech and realising the full potential of mobile working.
The best mobile worker app
With a plethora of providers out there, how can you choose the most suitable mobile worker software for your business? And make sure your employees to remain permanently connected, no matter where they are in the world?
Here are some of the key things your mobile worker app should do for you:
- Allocate jobs. Your back office staff should be able to assign the right mobile employee to a task, based on geography, skill set, customer SLAs, response times etc. They should also be able to deploy this work schedule via the app at the start of each shift, prioritised by location, urgency, etc.
- Give your mobile workforce all the information it needs. Make sure that the software you deploy makes it easy to attach all the information needed for each assignment. For example, customer address, contact information, job notes and history, images, and any site access instructions.
- Integrate with Google Maps. To make life easier for your remote workers, look for an app that launches Google Maps when they click on a job postcode. They should then be able to use this as a SAT NAV tool.
- Offer flexibility. Schedules can change during the day, so make sure your mobile worker app offers flexibility should priorities change. It should also send alerts sent to the relevant employees so they don’t miss any alterations.
- Help you to invoice quicker. Look for software that allows your mobile workforce to mark jobs as complete (or flagged for further action) once done. So you can get those all-important invoices out quicker.
- Reduce the time spent on paperwork. With the right mobile worker app, you’ll benefit from the simplification, standardisation, and streamlining of business process and improved regulatory compliance. Staff should be able to fill in automated forms using any mobile device and even capture customer signatures. This information should then sync with your back office systems, in real-time. So you spend less time chasing your teams to keep their paperwork up-to-date, and they spend less time on admin and more on those tasks that make you money.
- Benefit from regular status updates. Look for a mobile app that lets the relevant people update and see the status of each job, in real time. So, from accepting an assignment, to engineers on route, to arrival and completion, your back office team always knows what’s happening.
- Keep your customers happy. Adding a note or sending a report to the customer should take seconds; helping you to boost customer satisfaction levels.
Doing all this and more, at Service Geeni, our Mobile Worker app removes the need for mobile workers to come into the office to share business-critical information. Instead, everything they require can be accessed remotely.