Investing in job management software is vital if you want to make your business more efficient. But, with a wide range of job management software options to choose from, what key features should you look out for before you had over your hard-earned budget?
- Simple job logging. Choose a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for your business to get up and running. It doesn’t matter how many bells and whistles your job management software has if your employees don’t know how to use it. Our helpful software makes it easy for your service desk team to log jobs and allocate engineers based on skill sets, customer SLAs, and response times. Make sure that precedence can also be given to urgent jobs
- Intelligent search and tagging. You want to be able to find customers using a wide variety of search terms, even if your data is incomplete data. Also look for the ability to tag jobs by type
- Note taking. Make sure your team can add notes, order numbers or any other information you might need to a customer record. That way your data will be consistent and complete, and everyone will have access to the whole picture
- Pick software that prevents double-booking with alerts for possible time slips
- Status updates. Make sure your engineers can view and update the status of each job, in real time. That means, from accepting a job, to engineers on route, to arrival and completion, your back office team always know what’s happening
- At-a-glance information. Choose software that provides instant access to outstanding jobs. This will increase visibility and ensure you stay in total control
- Customer updates. Opt for a solution that lets you provide quick and easy progress updates to customers. This will help you to boost service levels, meet your key performance indicators, and keep everyone satisfied
- Customer reports. Deploy a solution where data can be exported as PDFs or Excel spreadsheets; so you can send your customers regular and tailored reports. Even better, provide your customers with access to their very own customer portal, so they always know what’s happening (while reducing the burden on your team)
- Accounts integration. Look for the ability to mark jobs as complete so that invoices can be generated quicker
- Advanced integration functionality. It doesn’t matter how good your new software is if it won’t integrate with your existing IT setup (assuming you are not starting from scratch).
- Robust encryption. Keeping sensitive customer data safe is of the utmost importance. Make sure any solution you choose provides the necessary levels of data security and reliability
- Business intelligence data. Invest in smart software that provides at-a-glance job-based reports using easy to understand dashboards. With a wide range of performance metrics, access to such insightful business data can lead to actionable insights and improved decision making.
With our job management software, it’s easy to keep track of what’s happening. So you can efficiently manage your service, installation, repair and hire contracts with ease. But not all job management software is created equal. At Service Geeni our solutions are tailored to suit the requirements and budget of your business.