The best service management software (SMS) helps businesses to run their operations and serve their customers better. Common SMS features include order management, dispatching and scheduling software, stock management processes, fleet tracking and reporting.
Crucially, by increasing collaboration between office, warehouse and mobile employees, and reducing the need for paperwork, SMS helps organisations to improve productivity and efficiency.
Ultimately, SMS can help you to:
- Reduce reliance on manual processes
- Address the issue of disorganised communications
- Improve processes and productivity across the board
- Get enterprise-level IT at an affordable price
- Boost decision making.
The best service management software modules
Today SMS is used by a wide range of industries. From service-led and repair companies to engineers and plumbers, to delivery companies and IT and telecoms providers. In fact, any business that relies on field service workers and the challenges of managing a mobile workforce.
But the one thing all these businesses have in common is the need for good-quality software that helps them to balance urgent and planned work, meet customer expectations, and deal with changing service routes and schedules. All while keeping costs low and workers safe.
So, things to look for when choosing the best service management software for your business include:
- Job management and tracking software. So companies can manage their service, installation, repair and hire contracts with ease and everyone (including customers) knows the status of jobs
- Mobile engineer tracking software. Location tagging workers to help assign tasks to the right engineers using location and scheduling data
- Easy to use resource scheduling software. Assisting service-led businesses to balance a range of scheduled and reactive work effectively; from planned maintenance and larger scale projects to urgent fixes
- Mobile Worker app Removing the need for mobile workers to come into the office to share business-critical information
- Cloud-based invoicing software. Making invoicing easy, while reducing the delay between completing tasks and invoicing
- Quoting software. Helping businesses to price jobs more accurately, keep track of costs and improve decision making. Ultimately boosting profitability
- Preventative Maintenance (PPM) software. Reducing the burden by enabling more predictive maintenance
- Business intelligence software. Helping to improve decision making with access to interactive visual dashboards that allow a business to turn information into actionable insights
- Equipment and asset management software. Ensuring that a company always knows what equipment and assets they have, and when maintenance needs to happen
- A comprehensive stock management system. So, from stock, sales, purchasing, and fulfilment, each stage of an operation become as efficient as possible
- Purchase order software. Letting a business create and approve purchase orders in seconds; helping to simplify the process and save time
- Cloud-based customer dashboard With at-a-glance visual dashboards and reports which help meet evolving customer expectations without placing any additional burden on a business
- Cloud-based CRM software. With everything available in one place – from order history, to customer service issues.
Your organisation’s goals and needs will determine which features are essential and what type of solution is best for you.
How much does the best service management software cost?
|Monthly price per user per month||Freemium £0.00||Standard £47.00||Premium £87.00||Enterprise £137.00|
|Mobile Device Module|
|Full stock integration and management|
|PPM Module (schedule and contracts)|
|Google maps integration (scheduler)|
|Hire Module (schedule and contracts)|
|Over Counter Sales (part sales)|
|Postcode Look up|
|Self Service Report Creation|
|Standard Web Portal|
|Fixed asset and depreciation|
|Workflow automation tool|
|Custom web portal|
Want to see what the best service management software can do for your business? BOOK A FREE TRIAL
Remove the hassle of managing your workforce and deliver a better service to your customers – all for one affordable monthly payment. For more information on how our service management software can help you to work smarter, contact us today for an informal chat.